Important Information Regarding COVID-19
We are currently back to our normal operating hours and seeing patients for non-emergent or elective procedures. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
- We ask that you complete your new patient forms online or we will be happy to send them to you by mail. This will help minimize the time spent in our reception area and surface contact.
- You will be greeted by a member of our team who will ask several COVID-related screening questions and take your temperature with a no-touch digital thermometer. Any patient with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or above will be rescheduled. This same standard is applied to each of our team members upon their arrival every morning.
- Please bring a facemask with you to wear while in our office. If you do not have one with you, we will provide you with one.
- We ask that you come by yourself for your consultation. If you are medically compromised or are a minor, you will be allowed to bring one caregiver, legal guardian/parent with you for this appointment. They will be screened, and the temperature is taken as well. This will help us maximize social distancing.
- We will provide you with an unused pen for you to sign any necessary paperwork.
- We have installed additional hand sanitizing stations for your convenience.
- You will be asked the same COVID-related screening questions and your temperature will be taken with a no-touch digital thermometer. Please wear a facemask as well.
- We ask that you check-in for surgery by yourself and that your driver remains in the car during surgery. If you are medically compromised or are a minor, you will be allowed to bring one caregiver, legal guardian/parent in with you for check-in, but they will be asked to wait in the car once you are taken back for surgery. Please provide us with the name and cell phone number of your driver for us to contact when your surgery is completed, and you are ready to be discharged.
- When instructed, your driver will pull around to our back door, where a member of our surgical staff will assist you in the car. Your post-operative instructions will be discussed with your driver at this time.
On behalf of Dr. Collins and our staff, we appreciate you trusting us with your care, and thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our team members will be more than happy to assist you.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html